RESEARCH & DESIGN ACTIVITIES
The services listed here below are rendered by the Technical Dept of MAU (both staff members and subcontracted specialists):
MODERNIZATION OF SHIP'S SYSTEMS
Modernization of on-board systems (fuel, oil, cooling water, sewage systems; electrical and automation, fire-fighting system according to Class requirements, etc.) In this case we undertake development of appropriate technical documentation and also negotiations with Class in regards to approval of subject docs, if necessary.
Development of draft (pre-contract), technical and workshop designs of ships of diverse types and destination. Co-ordination of the developed designs with the Classification Societies as per Customer's order.
MODERNIZATION & CONVERSION OF SHIPS
AND FLOATING STRUCTURES
- Development of designs of renovation of the existing ships
on the level specified by the Customer, in compliance with
Rules of the Classification Societies;
- Elaboration of designs of modernization and conversion of ships (with change of destination or for the purpose of putting the ship in line with the Rules of Classification Societies currently in force);
- Working out designs of reclassification of ships (with the numerical- experimental substantiation of extension of navigation area);
- Compilation of designs aimed at increase of the cargo-carrying capacity (with numerical-experimental substantiation of increase of the service draught);
- Development of designs of modernization and/or repair of floating docks without cease of their service (with numerical-experimental assignment of the safe service draught);
- Working out schedules of hull flaw detection for ships carrying bulk cargo in accordance with IACS rules;
- Expert evaluation of repair sheets with minimization of the scope and volume of works for replacement of the hull structural members;
- Carrying out experimental investigations of the ship sea-worthiness during the voyage (measurements of parameters of the stress state of hull structures, vibration, accelerations due to ship motions in the cargo spaces, service compartments, dwelling premises of the ship);
- Carrying out calculation of total and local strength at substantiation of technical decisions when transporting the oversized and heavy-weight cargoes;
- Carrying out calculation of laying ships in the floating or dry dock;
- Development and correction/refinement of the ship service documentation ("Total longitudinal strength and stability booklet", "Damage stability and floodability booklet", "Instruction on ship loading", etc.);
- Substantiation of one-passage voyage;
- Development of designs of towing of ships and floating structures.